Embedded Systems Firmware Engineer: Fort Lauderdale | Full Time
We are looking for a talented Firmware Engineer to develop our IoT product. This role is ideal for an individual who is creative and has excellent analytical skills to solve complex problems in an efficient manner with strong communication skills, adaptability and a collaborative mindset.
- Work with firmware and software developments for embedded systems/microcontrollers.
- Develop code that is production-ready and maintain Over The Air update functionality.
- Integrate IOT concepts by enabling communication with our existing back-end servers and improving performance.
- Work closely with a variety of teams including software application developers, system architects, and firmware developers to ensure cohesive integration of various products and protocols.
- Be ideally positioned to integrate the latest market technologies to enhance wearable performance
- Work with the hardware team to help design and debug future hardware revisions of the product.
- Be goal-oriented, and deliver products in time to ensure the success of the company.
- Work with various communication protocols like SPI, UART, and I2C to work with an array of onboard sensors and improve efficiency.
- Work with NOR and NAND flash file systems and ensure the longevity of the memory storage unit on the device.
- Be proficient in the RTOS concepts and develop efficiently in a multi-threaded environment.
- Work with Board level testing and End of line testing modules to ensure high quality of devices coming out of the manufacturing plant.
- Have a thorough understanding of different networking concepts like TCP, TLS, SSL, and core WIFI, Ethernet, and RF understanding to design efficient IOT solutions.
- Work with the manufacturer on factory jig setups, qc s/w program development
- Factory test tools.
- 3-5 years of experience in C/C++, ARM processors, and RTOS programming.
- Knowledge of: MEMS, TCP/IP, SPI, UART, USART, 12C, GPIO, Pin configuration, and low power states
- Able to distinguish NOR from NAND, and know how to talk to either with FileSystem
- Familiar with:
Wifi (8.0211a/b/g/n/ac) and Bluetooth HW, Ethernet, GSM/HSPA+
and protocols such as TCP/IP, TLS, SSL, Web Sockets, JSON
$84,550 - $100,000
Dental, Vision & Health Insurance. Life Insurance. Flexible Spending Account. Generous Paid time off.
324 S.University Drive, Plantation, FL 33324