Backend Software Engineer: Fort Lauderdale | Full Time
We are looking for a talented Backend Engineer to develop our back end data processing system and REST APIs for structured data access and 3rd party integrations. This role is an ideal for an individual who can take ownership, and is creative and have an excellent analytical skills to solve complex problems in an efficient manner with strong communication skills, adaptability and a collaborative mindset.
- As a backend software engineer you will manage the APIs and data exchange between the server and our IOT device.
- The primary focus will be development of all server-side logic and extend our current backend functionalities and alerting system.
- Create efficient SQL or NoSQL schema for persistent data storage
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Design and implement scalable architecture to handle massive volumes of incoming data
- Work with engineering manager, firmware engineers & QA to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, reliability and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Exhibit superb interpersonal skills to work with distributed teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in back end development with multi-threaded Java applications.
- Experience developing REST APIs and Web sockets.
- Experience optimizing relational database schemas/queries for efficient storage and retrieval.
- Strong ability to design and develop efficient data processing algorithms.
- Experience with distributed messaging systems such as Kafka.
- Experience working with AWS for deployment/maintenance/monitoring of managed systems.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
The ideal candidate would also have experience with:
- AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, etc)
Interview Process for Successful Candidates:
- Intro Call: This is an opportunity for us learn about you, your goals, aspirations, interests, and for us to share more about CarePredict, the role and answer your questions.
- Technical Interview: A 90-minute real-time collaborative technical interview designed to give you a glimpse into a day-in-the-life of a CarePredict engineer.
45 min - coding challenge
45 min - system design/object oriented designing
- Finally: A 30-minute discussion with the hiring manager.
$85,000 - $100,00/Yr
Dental, Vision & Health Insurance. Life Insurance. Flexible Spending Account. Generous Paid time off. Visa sponsorship available.